Issue #009, 2022 ISSN: 2581- 9410
- Co-Design: Multiplying the Value of Craft
- The Artisan as Student…. A Bit More on Co-Design
- Faradi to Lucknow
- Women, Creativity and the Greater Good
- Scaling Out: An Answer to the Question, ‘Who are the Workers?’
- Lessons of the Lilies– Or, How Common is Sense?
- THOUGHTS ON CRAFT POLICY
- Sustainability Comes from the Heart
1-Co-Design: Multiplying the Value of Craft
I was looking forward to speaking at a recent NIFT Alumni Meet at the Mumbai India Fashion Forum. But, it was not in the cards. The plane never took off from the Bhuj airport. The pilot tried but luckily he was careful enough not to fly a defective plane. There I was with a powerpoint I was quite pleased with, and a message for young NIFT designers. So here goes, readers, this one is for all of you now. I hope it strikes a chord…
Looking through the galaxy of fashion stars gracing the India Fashion Forum event, I wondered where does craft fit? Here is craft- the embodiment of heritage, timelessness- or at least slowly changing, ...